What religion do you belong to?

Eclectic.

For the record OP, Paganism is not a religion, its a group of religions. Neo-Paganism is the word for the new-age stuff Llewellyn pushes. Followers of ancient pantheons usually denominate themselves by ethnicity or pantheon (IE Germanic Reconstructionists, Hellenists, etc), and resent being lumped in with neo-pagans.

I'm not pushing my beliefs, just recounting some semantics truths I learned during several years of research on the subject.

Eclectic.

For the record OP, Paganism is not a religion, its a group of religions. Neo-Paganism is the word for the new-age stuff Llewellyn pushes. Followers of ancient pantheons usually denominate themselves by ethnicity or pantheon (IE Germanic Reconstructionists, Hellenists, etc), and resent being lumped in with neo-pagans.

I'm not pushing my beliefs, just recounting some semantics truths I learned during several years of research on the subject.
I understand that. I only said I was Pagan to simplify some things like a Catholic might say they're Christian. To be specific, I am a Wiccan.

I'm agnostic, hubby is evoluntionist and daughter is Christian (non dem.). Yep, a real mixed blended family! LOL!
Everything's better with variety!
thumbsup.gif

Father --> Retired Methodist minister
Mother --> Devout, way devout, Christian
Sister and BIL --> Active Pentecostal ministers
Uncle --> Assemblies of God Minister
Husband --> reared Nazarine, converted to Jehovah's Witness, was excommunicated and is now "Diest" if he'd claim anything
Husband's Father --> Nazarine
Oldest son --> Diest
Oldest daughter --> non-denominational Christian
Second daughter --> devout fundamentalist Penticostal Christian
Second son --> half-assed, mostly talk Christian
Third daughter --> Antiochian Orthodox
Fourth daughter --> devout non-denominational Christian
Youngest son --> Esoteric spiritualist
Oldest grandson --> devout Penticostal Christian

Me --> Esoteric, Pantheistic Orthodox Diest (with a soft spot for Ereshkigal)

Last edited:
I consider myself a heathen. That's the best I can come up with. I was raised protestant, but I'm not really a Christian. But I am not not a Christian either. I think there is one God, and whether he is called Allah, Buddha, God, or The Great Spirit, it is all one God. If I chose a church, it would be either Quaker or Unitarian.

To answer the OP's question I would probably have to label myself "Pagan", but I do not believe in organized religion per se so I don't actually belong to any religious group.

Rusty

Back
Top Bottom