What sex is these chickens

Belleoui

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 4, 2015
Adelaide, South Australia

My guess is red - pullet,
And the white one I think may be a pullet also. The comb and wattles on the white one are a little concerning, but they are still kinda small so only time will tell.

At 10 weeks...

white rooster, no doubt, a pullet would have much smaller comb/wattles and no red...to see the difference look at the red bird...that is a pullet at 10 weeks of age.

Lady of McCamley

Last edited:
The red one with the white feathers in the tail is a Red Sex Link pullet, and the one with the black flecks looks like an Austra White pullet. Both hybrids are laying machines and you should get loads of eggs from them. :eek:)

The red one with the white feathers in the tail is a Red Sex Link pullet, and the one with the black flecks looks like an Austra White pullet. Both hybrids are laying machines and you should get loads of eggs from them. :eek:)

Correction. After enlarging the pic, I think the Austra White is probably a rooster. The Red Sex Link is definitely a pullet however. Male Red Sex Links are white with a few reddish feathers in the saddle area.

Query...I know Leghorns can mature faster as pullets...do Austra Whites mature that fast? The bird is only 10 weeks old and that is still a lot of comb and wattles at 10 weeks....even with faster maturing breeds. ?????

Lady of McCamley

EDITED TO ADD...ah, you answered my question...that IS a rooster at 10 weeks...which is what I thought too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom