What Sex?

Bjgifford52014

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 22, 2014

The bottom picture I believe may be a speckled sussex female? Then are you able to tell by the pictures what the others may be, male or female? Breed wise I was told black sussex was one, Wyondotte, and the black ones were supposedly Ameracaunas and lay greenish eggs. I really appreciate your help with these.

Last edited:
In the 2nd picture I am thinking the one on the far right is a male and is a Brown Sussex, The others picture are suppose to be a Wyandotte, Americauna, and I think a black sussex. I have 5 more that are very similiar
except the brown sussex one being very lighter colored and not having the redder comb yet.

The bird you call a Brown Sussex is a cockerel, and actually is a Speckled Sussex. The others look like pullets to me.

Thank you they were all 8 given to me and she said what she thought they were, Thank you I tried lloking them up and figured it was indeed a sussex but was unsure of which. she insisted they were brown. I will try and post a picture of the other one I am unsure of, but may take some time.

I just posted 3 or 4 more pictures. I believe in the bottom one is the Other speckled sussex but am thinking it is a pullet. If you can tell on any of the others please let me know. Also The gal that gave me them said the black ones were Americauna's and lay green eggs. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Judy

Back
Top Bottom