What should you be doing?

I'll go first:
I should be doing laundry, and painting that dresser I promised for my new grandson due in August!
Go......
Well, so far I've done neither. LOL. Hubby did four loads of laundry today - and I scrubbed the stove, cleaned out the fridge, put a dozen ears of corn in the freezer, and cooked us a proper Independence Day dinner of barbequed short ribs, corn on the cob, baked beans, potato salad, and watermelon chunks, with sweet tea.

We have a neighbor 1/4-mile away who has a huge 4th of July party in their yard every year, with not only fireworks but plenty of celebratory gunfire. They go until the wee hours every year and scare the bejesus out of our cattle, dogs and chickens. This year, we have only the herd bull, Homer, and a young steer in our pasture that backs up to their property. So.... I coaxed them both into the corral behind our barn for the night, with sturdy cattle panels to keep them from breaking out. I plan to go out there during part of the ruckus to sing to them; that always calms them down.

Well, so far I've done neither. LOL. Hubby did four loads of laundry today - and I scrubbed the stove, cleaned out the fridge, put a dozen ears of corn in the freezer, and cooked us a proper Independence Day dinner of barbequed short ribs, corn on the cob, baked beans, potato salad, and watermelon chunks, with sweet tea.

We have a neighbor 1/4-mile away who has a huge 4th of July party in their yard every year, with not only fireworks but plenty of celebratory gunfire. They go until the wee hours every year and scare the bejesus out of our cattle, dogs and chickens. This year, we have only the herd bull, Homer, and a young steer in our pasture that backs up to their property. So.... I coaxed them both into the corral behind our barn for the night, with sturdy cattle panels to keep them from breaking out. I plan to go out there during part of the ruckus to sing to them; that always calms them down.
I would be angry if they shot off guns so late. Not to be mean why are they setting them off so much to? I get like 5 times maybe but. Do they set off real bullets?

Back
Top Bottom