What should you be doing?

I would be angry if they shot off guns so late. Not to be mean why are they setting them off so much to? I get like 5 times maybe but. Do they set off real bullets?
Yes, they fire real guns into the air (I hope it's up, and not in the direction of our pasture or the other neighbor's). I have no idea what they're doing over there, other than making a whole lot of noise and a very pretty fireworks display. I stay inside, bring the dogs inside, and lock up the cattle away from that pasture.

We live in a pretty lax county with few restrictions outside city limits (besides state and federal laws). Nothing they're doing is illegal, so I can't do anything about it. A few years ago, my husband went over there to tell them to "knock it off" because our cattle were fussing and fearful, and we feared they didn't know not to fire in the direction of the cattle (there are dense woods and a deep creek separating our properties). I understand a yelling match ensued, and one of our neighbor's "guests" drew her gun on him. THAT was illegal, but other people got her drunken ass under control and begged him not to call the sheriff. As far as I know, she was removed from their premises and has not been allowed back.

He calls the neighbor every year before the 4th of July to remind her to please keep the partiers under control and not to fire in our direction.

Yes, they fire real guns into the air (I hope it's up, and not in the direction of our pasture or the other neighbor's). I have no idea what they're doing over there, other than making a whole lot of noise and a very pretty fireworks display. I stay inside, bring the dogs inside, and lock up the cattle away from that pasture.

We live in a pretty lax county with few restrictions outside city limits (besides state and federal laws). Nothing they're doing is illegal, so I can't do anything about it. A few years ago, my husband went over there to tell them to "knock it off" because our cattle were fussing and fearful, and we feared they didn't know not to fire in the direction of the cattle (there are dense woods and a deep creek separating our properties). I understand a yelling match ensued, and one of our neighbor's "guests" drew her gun on him. THAT was illegal, but other people got her drunken ass under control and begged him not to call the sheriff. As far as I know, she was removed from their premises and has not been allowed back.

He calls the neighbor every year before the 4th of July to remind her to please keep the partiers under control and not to fire in our direction.
Wow! I hope they are firing up to.

If somebody did that around me there would be many complaints.

I didnt get the dogs outside in time before the fireworks started so j struggled to get them to go potty. They both hate fireworks. But one can stand a gunshot sound.

I should be...
finishing the laundry (ugh), paying bills (double ugh), and....

............. digging a grave for my beloved beagle, Trash Can.

He has an appointment with the Rainbow Bridge welcoming committee this afternoon, due to old age, and some health and behavioral issues. It's his time. We've had him since 8 weeks of age. He's lying at my feet right now, on his favorite doggy bed, with his favorite ducky stuffed toy:
1688661846466.png

And at a younger age (right), with his littermate Jingles (front, center), and auntie Popcorn (top, left):
1688662051850.png

Dear boy, you will be missed. 💔 But you will find joy again with your family over the Rainbow Bridge: Popcorn, Peanuts, CrackerJack, Girlfriend, Little Bit, and Angel.

I should be...

He has an appointment with the Rainbow Bridge welcoming committee this afternoon, due to old age, and some health and behavioral issues. It's his time. We've had him since 8 weeks of age. He's lying at my feet right now, on his favorite doggy bed, with his favorite ducky stuffed toy:
View attachment 3567937

And at a younger age (right), with his littermate Jingles (front, center), and auntie Popcorn (top, left):
View attachment 3567946
Dear boy, you will be missed. 💔 But you will find joy again with your family over the Rainbow Bridge: Popcorn, Peanuts, CrackerJack, Girlfriend, Little Bit, and Angel.
Aww im so sorry.

I should be...

View attachment 3567937

View attachment 3567946
I'm so sorry. Had to do this with my pup last year; it's backbreaking and heartbreaking all in one. Sending you positive thoughts.

What am I supposed to be doing? Folding a bunch of laundry. Put into perspective, it's not such a bad task to have on the list today.

I should be...

View attachment 3567937

View attachment 3567946
Oh my heart goes out to you! :hugs Dogs are family members, it's beyond heart wrenching to put them down, I've been there many times over my years myself. Horrible times. 💔 I hope your heart heals soon. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom