What snacks DON'T or chickens like???

I'll have to get your "recipe"! I often buy bags of different grains and mix them up. I add flax to that mix. Half as much as each of the other grains. I also sprout mung beans for them. I give those to the girls once a week to every two weeks.
As for the avocados, it was on one of the "do not feed" lists. I'm sure they've gotten a little from leftover salads I've fed them, but I try to avoid it.
Giving too much flax can cause the eggs to taste "fishy". Not so much if you sprout it first.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Play nicely.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, they're not entitled to their own facts. You do understand the difference between an opinion & a fact, don't you?

Last edited:
I give my chickens all sorts of things. I give them cracked corn, pieces of bread, and sometimes fruit. I have noticed that if you give them a lot of fruit, that they will poop more and give them the runs. My emu's tend to like bananas. I've thought about giving them cracked oats and wheat that I have laying around. They pretty much seem to like whatever I give them.

I've finally found something my chickens don't like: Potato peels. They get mad when we bring that down to them. They actually peck at the person bringing it as if to say "hey go get us some sausage!". Sausage is their favorite food. My chickens are spoiled.

Metallic...I believe potato peels (raw) are poisonous. Make sure you cook them first, don't want any harm to come to your babies..
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicken-treat-chart-the-best-treats-for-backyard-chickens

Back
Top Bottom