What snacks DON'T or chickens like???

Like Farmer Kev's post, my chickens love mostly anything I offer with few exceptions. Their favorites - lettuce, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, bread, green beans, peas, mixed vegetables, corn, warm oatmeal, banana, melon, watermelon, apples, tuna. They have things they don't eat as well but they still do eat it. The only thing they flatly refused to eat was Cheerios! Haven't tried pumpkin yet, but I will eventually. Anyone have any ideas on adding protein besides tuna? What do you add?
I also give them a tin of sardines (between four chickens), and left over cat food from time to time. Tinned salmon, hard boiled egg and any other leftover cooked meats go in ocassionally.

Might try them with some tinned fish at the moment i think all the cooked veg is making them poop something terrible thanks guys .. ps any tips on cleanig concrete steps .. Can i use bleach..dettol cheers j

I haven't found much they really don't like, but they will eat meat first, then the starch, then the veggies. Mine are a bit spoiled.

Mine go crazy over peas and corn in cooked rice, they love soup with any sort of vegetables, but wont eat carrots in any form. They love pecking at my jewellry though!

my 14 chickies are not lovers of carrots at all. they do so love bananas and watermelon and spaghetti and mealworms and mashed potatoes for sure and broc/caulif and water tuna and corn and peas and so much more

The only thing they don't seem to like is potato chips. I guess they don't like the salt. Probably a good thing they didn't like them.

Back
Top Bottom