What to add to water

So we just got baby chicks from tractor supply.... not sure how old they are but.... what do we need to add to their water...
whenever I get new chicks from a hatchery (tractor supply gets theirs from a hatchery) I put in save a chick electrolytes and save a chick probiotics to the water make sure you read the directions on the back of the package I believe one package is for a gallon of water so if you aren't using a gallon waterer which most of us don't for chicks you kinda have to eyeball it.... I only give it to the chicks if they are looking a little rough or are starting to develop pasty butt

In that case I would add the probiotic and pick up some chick grit as well. I don't let the pasty butt get bad as soon as I see it I put them in the sink and start the warm water and get it off of there... it's tough when it's built up.

Chic grit? Is that chicken crumble?

Grit is small, rough stones. Chickens store grit in their gizzard to help break down what they eat. It comes in different sizes, small for chicks (Chick Grit) and larger (the brand I buy says Poultry Grit) for adult birds.

Just put it in a little bowl, they will eat what they need.

This??

Back
Top Bottom