WHAT TO DO?????? WHAT TO DO????? WHAT TO DO???????.....AWWW.......HOMEMADE BATOR #5 WITH 35 EGGS SET

At least you can admit you are an adict, that is the first step. How did it go over with your wife? You are going to be busy with all those chicks, 200 and now an extra 35.

i was sent to the guest room along with my bator.......
hu.gif
......whats wrong of having 115 chicks and 235 eggs in my bators?

At least you can admit you are an adict, that is the first step. How did it go over with your wife? You are going to be busy with all those chicks, 200 and now an extra 35.

this is day 10 on homemade bator #5 which started with 35 eggs.....candled last night and i'm down to 33 eggs out of the 35 i started with........
clap.gif

shoot thats a great percentage....good luck with your hatching. I'm in the middle of my first incubation and i'm beginning to worry that this is turning quickly into an addiction. It doesn't help that I really like to build and putter with things....I'm not quite sure where this road will take me. haha.

shoot thats a great percentage....good luck with your hatching. I'm in the middle of my first incubation and i'm beginning to worry that this is turning quickly into an addiction. It doesn't help that I really like to build and putter with things....I'm not quite sure where this road will take me. haha.

an addiction it is.....i just started incubating in the last day of january, my first hatch was a perfect hatch on a homemade aquarium incubator (you can check the pics on my profile), that was bator #1....since then i've built another 4 bators including "Big Bossman" which is a fridgebator which i started with 71 eggs and gave me a great hatch also....you can check that thread also of 71 eggs on a Fridgebator and that same fridgebator i have right now with a little over 200 eggs.....so yes it's an addiction........lol........
bow.gif
.....hail be the BATOR!!!

hello folks.......turns out i was so excited with my fridgebator outside with its hatching of it's second lockdown that i totally forgot that yesterday was lockdown for my bator #5 that i have next to my bed.....
he.gif
.......i just was about to do the turning of eggs when i see two pipping.....
barnie.gif
...........started doing the math and finally got out my notebook (braing wasn't working that well) and BOOM!!!.....lockdown should of started yesterday............
smack.gif
..........foolish......foolish....foolish......i went ahead and set my humidity......hopefully everything is good.....
fl.gif

ok.....this is day 21 and we have 23 chicks and 10 more eggs to go..........we have 2 zips and 3 pips....hopefully they'll hatch tonight.......
celebrate.gif

hmmmm.....ok.....out of the 10 eggs that remained..........none hatched......not even the zipping ones............so we ended up with the 23 chicks out of 33....i think it was the humidity that messed up this last ones....we went out of town for the day and i forgot to check the water level and the membrane shrinked and they were unable to popout ....those were the zipping ones and the 3 pips.....of the other 5, 3 were unfertiled (dark shell) and 2 had died sometime back, they were not fully developed....
idunno.gif
.......o well....we got 23 chicks out of bator #5........now bator #5 is back up and running with "Alpha" my first Emu Egg..........
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom