What to do with Rooster?

I also forgot to ask. It was suggested that I put my Roo on Apple Cider Vinegar as well. I was told it's a natural antibotic. Should I put him on it and the girls or no? Thanks again all for your help. Otherwise I would be doing this blindly and my girls and new Roo mean an awful lot to me.

I also forgot to ask. It was suggested that I put my Roo on Apple Cider Vinegar as well. I was told it's a natural antibotic. Should I put him on it and the girls or no? Thanks again all for your help. Otherwise I would be doing this blindly and my girls and new Roo mean an awful lot to me.

ACV won't hurt them, but make sure you use plastic containers.

Ok gotcha. Glad you said that because the Roo's water base is metal. The girls is plastic but heated. How much do I put in? Their water containers hold probably about 2 cups or so of water.

Also..what about yogurt? I read that the Batril can wipe good and bad bacteria out. Does the yogurt have to be plain? I'm asking because I have low fat strawberry yogurt in fridge now.

Oh thank goodness! The cavalry has arrived!!! I was way over my head with the Baytril!

One thing...if I understand this, she is planning to give your rooster 1 shot? And expect him to be cured? No, no, no! This is wrong.

Well I explained to her that I might have some Batril but needed to verify. I'm a deerfarmer..well my husband is actually the deerfarmer but anyhoo..we sometimes have Batril on hand. Ok I just went and checked. We have Baytril 100 on hand. Box says Baytril 100 (enrofloxacin) 100mg/mL Antimicrobial Injectable Solution. So ...dosage would be as posted above for a few days and I need to weigh him. I keep editing this. Sorry. THe dosage on the side says... Weight: 100lbs Single dose 3.5 -5.5mg and Multiple Day 1.5 -2.0mg

Last edited:
Will do!! Thanks for guiding me along there Haunted55. By the way today when I took the Roo in for the shot...I noticed his breath was HORRIBLE! Eyes are still clear as are his nostrils. Poop looks good. When I brought him back he dove right into his food and water. Just sounds like fluid on his lungs...rattling..coughing.. and BAD Breath!
duc.gif

Will do!! Thanks for guiding me along there Haunted55. By the way today when I took the Roo in for the shot...I noticed his breath was HORRIBLE! Eyes are still clear as are his nostrils. Poop looks good. When I brought him back he dove right into his food and water. Just sounds like fluid on his lungs...rattling..coughing.. and BAD Breath!
duc.gif
Sounds like Coryza, but all I know are the symptoms. About the same as MG in that the birds will be carriers and all the same steps would have to be followed with these birds. You may have caught this early enough to keep it from going south on you. Fingers crossed!

Well I explained to her that I might have some Batril but needed to verify. I'm a deerfarmer..well my husband is actually the deerfarmer but anyhoo..we sometimes have Batril on hand. Ok I just went and checked. We have Baytril 100 on hand.  Box says  Baytril 100 (enrofloxacin) 100mg/mL Antimicrobial Injectable Solution. So ...dosage would be as posted above for a few days and I need to weigh him.  I keep editing this. Sorry.  THe dosage on the side says... Weight: 100lbs  Single dose 3.5 -5.5mg  and Multiple Day 1.5 -2.0mg

The dose on the bottle is written for other animals. Cats, for example, never get more than 5mg/kg because it can cause blindness. The dose per my vet and Plumb's Veterinary Hanbook is 15-20mg/kg.

Back
Top Bottom