What type of Chickens are these two?

MamaGallina3

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 3, 2014
Here is an update of two of our chicks at about 5/6 weeks old, any ideas what type we may have?

And this is her around 3 weeks old

This is our largest one at around 5 or 6 weeks:

This was him/her at about 3 weeks:

Here is an update of two of our chicks at about 5/6 weeks old, any ideas what type we may have? And this is her around 3 weeks old This is our largest one at around 5 or 6 weeks: Number 1 looks to have green legs, could be an EE. I have a pure white one that just started getting beard and the second looks like a production red This was him/her at about 3 weeks:

yes, the first one's legs are a gray color, maybe a olive green? But they certainly are very different from the other chicks. Not orange, or yellow.
Thanks for the input :)

They are getting much bigger now!
The white one on the far right still has green legs, so hopefully its an Easter Egger. The middle, one we have always known was a Silkie. And the one on the far left has some black feathers coming on the rear, so maybe it is a New Hampshire Red!

Updated pictures: we still don't know this one's breed. Lots of suggestions, even the possibility of it being a pullet of a long tail breed.

Umm wow, I have never seen chicks feet that green! It really doesn't look like an EE now.

Green legs are common in Old English too, due to the leg pigmentation and yellow skin genes being widely present in these birds. Many backyard mixes out of miscellanous breeds can have several green leggers.

I know we're having site issues with pics, I'm looking forward to seeing the latest! Is it possible the white bird could be a Jersey Giant? And is the red bird looking like a rooster at all?

Back
Top Bottom