What type of duck is this?

Adalida

Songster
Nov 21, 2015
Montana
We were given this abandoned duck back in October. It was found walking along a busy highway. Initially I thought it was a blue Swedish duck because of the coloring. But some of its characteristics don't seem typical of the breed, from what I've researched. It's likely a "mutt duck" but what other breeds would you guess it is?

The last picture is from October, when we got it. The ringed eyes, and the ridged bill, don't seem typical of Swedish?

How interesting! I've spent the past hour or so researching Muscovy ducks. The descriptions fit her to a T! She definitely likes to roost and get up high, like on the porch railing. She's also virtually silent, which used to worry me because I was afraid she damaged her throat or something. And my husband always said she seemed more like a goose than a duck. She has a ton of personality for sure. My mom jokes that she's like those fairy tales where a person gets trapped in an animal's body, because her eyes are very intelligent and she looks at you like she knows something. Thank you for your help!

How interesting! I've spent the past hour or so researching Muscovy ducks. The descriptions fit her to a T! She definitely likes to roost and get up high, like on the porch railing. She's also virtually silent, which used to worry me because I was afraid she damaged her throat or something. And my husband always said she seemed more like a goose than a duck. She has a ton of personality for sure. My mom jokes that she's like those fairy tales where a person gets trapped in an animal's body, because her eyes are very intelligent and she looks at you like she knows something. Thank you for your help!
They are very special birds are you planning on getting her some friends? He coloring is beautiful.

I'm thinking that I need to get her a Muscovy friend. I've got five Runners and two Rouens, so she has some ducky company, although when everybody is let out to free range, she seems to hang out more with the chickens (probably because the other ducks go under the porch, whereas she and the chickens like to go up onto it). But it always seems like animals are happiest when they have another one of their specific kind.

I'm thinking that I need to get her a Muscovy friend. I've got five Runners and two Rouens, so she has some ducky company, although when everybody is let out to free range, she seems to hang out more with the chickens (probably because the other ducks go under the porch, whereas she and the chickens like to go up onto it). But it always seems like animals are happiest when they have another one of their specific kind.
And the other ducks really don't speak her language. so getting her another Muscovy would be a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom