What type of duck is this?

Plus- it gives me an excuse to get another duck!
thumbsup.gif
Of course!! lol

I finally found another Muscovy so my blue Muscovy would have a friend. She is so happy now! Now she has a friend to hang out with and one who understands her. They're inseparable. The only thing that puzzles me is that these two are close in age, and the blue Scovy is just so darn huge compared to the other. I've had a few people think she was a drake, and if it weren't for the undeniable fact that she laid an egg, I'd think so too.

Our Muscovies have a broad range in size as well. I think between genetics and where and how they're raised, greatly influences their size and disposition.

We have two females which are tiny and then we have two that could almost pass for drakes. But one thing is the same with all of them - that cute little trill (I think that's how Miss Lydia refers to it) makes them the cutest little things especially when combined with a hefty tail wag!!! The best!

clap.gif

Our Muscovies have a broad range in size as well. I think between genetics and where and how they're raised, greatly influences their size and disposition.

We have two females which are tiny and then we have two that could almost pass for drakes. But one thing is the same with all of them - that cute little trill (I think that's how Miss Lydia refers to it) makes them the cutest little things especially when combined with a hefty tail wag!!! The best!

clap.gif
Mine are the same some are larger than others and mine have had a hefty diet of feed plus corn over winter so they are a little on the plump side which I'll be getting off of them soon for laying season.. Since your blue has laid an egg already I'd just chalk her up to being big boned. and your chocolate is petite
wink.png

I love their trilling and the tail wag although my drake Opie does more tail wagging than the girls do.

They were both talking up a storm when they first met! And wagging their tails like crazy. I kept the new one in a separate cage but where she could see the other ducks for a few days, and now they're all together. The new Scovy tries to talk to the Runners and for some reason they get alarmed and run away quacking, which is pretty funny. I did find out though that she flies really well; she took off yesterday and flew onto the neighboring property. I'm debating on whether to clip a wing, or to keep her confined to the fenced yard/house for awhile until she learns that's home.

Personally I'd clip a wing. If you feel she knows where home is after her next molt, leave it full then. Better safe than sorry!
They are quite beautiful! I love duck wiggle butts!!

Back
Top Bottom