What types of chickens?

Here are some pictures of the black one's legs

Is the Blue one bantam sized? Looks so much smaller than the others. And I'm seeing yellow skin on the bottoms of the feet, which means not an Andalusian. Maybe Old English Game?

That's possible, she (hopefully) does look a lot smaller than the others in the pictures but in person she's almost the same size as the yellow one

The black definitely appears to be Marans...and is definitely a roo. If red gold begins to appear on hackles and saddle, it will be a Black Copper Marans...but wait for it. While BCM males telecast early with comb, they can take awhile to color well.

I'm not sure yet on your blue bird.

Where did you get them?
LofMc

Agree on the Marans cockerel. The blue kinda looks like a mixed breed, with those odd colored legs. Be interesting to see how it fills out in the next month or so.

The black definitely appears to be Marans...and is definitely a roo. If red gold begins to appear on hackles and saddle, it will be a Black Copper Marans...but wait for it. While BCM males telecast early with comb, they can take awhile to color well.

I'm not sure yet on your blue bird.

Where did you get them?
LofMc
I can already see some red/gold coming in on the black one, he sure is pretty. I'm not sure on the blue one yet either, it's hard to tell.

We got them for free as rescue chickens from a family friend who's a wildlife rescuer, Im not sure where they came from exactly, only that they needed a home

Back
Top Bottom