What veggies can i plant now in New England?

Leafy green, root crops and members of the cabbage family--peas too, but hold off on the corn, string beans, squash, tomatoes and other warm weather/soil crops. Does Hammy know that you are planting him a garden?
lol.png

Quote:
Basil, squash, peppers and tomatoes will not do well right now in this area of the country. They are warm weather crops and need the soil and air temps to be higher before planting. The peppers and squash will be stunted and not grow well most likely. The basil will not thrive, it likes hot weather.

Quote:
Thanks!! Good to know! I'm going to get some plants started then!

OOh... question... did you plant them in hte ground already? Or just start the seeds indoors?

Quote:
Yep... he knows alright..he made me a list of what he wants planted..
roll.png

Quote:
Yeah..all our snow is gone..
wee.gif

tongue.gif

lol.png
Its been nice here the last few days... even had the windows open!
ep.gif

Quote:
tongue.gif

lol.png
Its been nice here the last few days... even had the windows open!
ep.gif

Actually here too, yesterday and today. Opened all the windows just for fresh air. But there's still snow on the ground! Kind of frustrating, I was out there today getting some stuff done, but there's still a good amount of snow in many places. It's melting though.... I'm just whining!

Quote:
Good to know!
Hey..when are you going on vacation?

Leaving here bright and early tomorrow morning. After a short stop in Louisiana, we should be in Florida on Thursday.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom