What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Pics

chicken farmer

Songster
10 Years
Feb 7, 2012
Southern,Ohio
I'd love to see all your free mystery/exotic/rare breed chick you got from Murray Mcmurray!! I ordered 26 pullet chicks a few weeks ago and got a nice variety of breeds and I can't wait,they should be here February 2nd and it's the first time I've ever ordered from a hatchery. Anyway please tell me what you got and post pictures
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif

Good morning from the High Sierras in Nevada. We received a "mystery chick" from McMurray that we assumed would end up being a Roo. Surprise! We received a Silver Laced Polish Hen whom we call "Topper". She is now the #1 Fav in our flock - and an ambassador in our area, helping to grow the backyard chicken movement here. We LOVE her to bits. She has so much personality,but is also a great snuggler. She lays 5 out of 7 days a week and seems to escape the passions of our roosters. So her Crown is still beautiful (even after 18 months!). We have more chicks coming this April, and will have 2 mystery chicks in those orders. We are praying we get pullets, as are most others I'm sure.

I'd love to see all your free mystery/exotic/rare breed chick you got from Murray Mcmurray!! I ordered 26 pullet chicks a few weeks ago and got a nice variety of breeds and I can't wait,they should be here February 2nd and it's the first time I've ever ordered from a hatchery. Anyway please tell me what you got and post pictures :D :jumpy
I ordered chicks from McMurray Hatchery last spring. This is my free rare breed roo.

He is a Sicilian Buttercup & his name is Kazoo.

Austinspoultry-Sorry for your lost chicks!!  That is too bad!

LeanneP-Sorry to hear you had lost so many chicks too!  On a happy note*My daughter ordered a Blue Cochin as her special chick for this years delivery.  They are scheduled to arrive next week.  I am excited to see what the cochin will be like!  The other kids picked a golden wyandotte, golden and silver polish.  Can't wait!

I hope every ones chicks arrive in tip top condition.  Would be nice to have some decent weather for better shipping.
I am praying for the best for us all. My youngest son chose a Blue Cochin as his pet chicken as well. He just turned 3. He is super excited. We ordered in November and are scheduled for the week of March 9th. We have a little more time. He picked out her chicken diapers and saddle. I feel that she is really going to be a pet.

I just placed an order last week for 15 Blue Red Laced Wyandottes. The option for my 'surprise' popped up automatically at the end. I won't get my batch until April...

The Blue-laced Reds are lovely!

My Scarlet is from McMurray and is healthy, plump, and gorgeous!

Here she is when she was still developing her lacing pattern, next to her oprington "sister" Wynona.

Well finally got my chicks from McMurray in today! Been waiting on these for months. Got 6 black australorp and a unknown chick.
1696464650170_20231004_174411.jpg
the white one is the freebie. Gonna have to wait till it gets bigger to figure out what it's is and what size it is. Will be back with pics when it gets bigger so yall can help me identify it

Nice looking boy!! I heard they usually give ameracauna roosters since there surplus most of the time
Thank you! We love him to bit.
Not sure if it's usually Easter eggers they send, but I would say that most of the time they are roos.

Our first batch was a Dominique, was super sweet and pretty sure was a roo. Unfortunately we had an outbreak of coccidiosis and lost all but our 3 Dark Cornish. -We do a preventative dose on new babies now.-

Our final batch was a Rainbow layer group.. So I'm not really sure who is the extra.. I think it might be the Turken though since it's the only one like it in the group.
No idea if this one is a roo yet.. Only 12 weeks old this week.

Not sure why I said Ruffles was our last group.. Probably because he's my favorite.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom