What would you do if a breeder sent you this e-mail

Quote:
I don't want him here.

hide.gif

Quote:
I don't mean to argue, but .... Even on here, it isn't always possible to trust who you are buying from. I won an egg auction on here late last summer (I think? would have to look it up) and was extremely frustrated by the results. The auction was for a dozen Silver Dorking eggs. I was really excited about winning them, my Mom loves this breed and has been trying to get some for a long time.
So I paid this guy by Paypal within eight hours of the auction end, and he messaged me he would send them the next day. When they hadn't shown up a week and half later, I emailed asking if they had been mailed. He said no, he had been in the hospital, he would send a fresh batch in a couple of days. Another week later, I email him again. He messages back, says he has been in and out of the hospital, he is sending yet another fresh batch tomorrow and refunding my money. He then refunded part of my money, and I got the "fresh" eggs a few days later.
When I unwrapped the eggs, I found that not only had they been wrapped wet and were covered with mold, but there was an obvious rotten smell to some of them. I think I tried adding the only clean looking one to my incubator, but of course it didn't develop. I haven't said much of anything to anyone here, because for all I know he really was in the hospital, but if so it would have been more honest for him to simply say he couldn't send me any eggs at this time and refund ALL of my money rather than part of it and send me rotten eggs.

That stinks!
Quote:
I don't mean to argue, but .... Even on here, it isn't always possible to trust who you are buying from. I won an egg auction on here late last summer (I think? would have to look it up) and was extremely frustrated by the results. The auction was for a dozen Silver Dorking eggs. I was really excited about winning them, my Mom loves this breed and has been trying to get some for a long time.
So I paid this guy by Paypal within eight hours of the auction end, and he messaged me he would send them the next day. When they hadn't shown up a week and half later, I emailed asking if they had been mailed. He said no, he had been in the hospital, he would send a fresh batch in a couple of days. Another week later, I email him again. He messages back, says he has been in and out of the hospital, he is sending yet another fresh batch tomorrow and refunding my money. He then refunded part of my money, and I got the "fresh" eggs a few days later.
When I unwrapped the eggs, I found that not only had they been wrapped wet and were covered with mold, but there was an obvious rotten smell to some of them. I think I tried adding the only clean looking one to my incubator, but of course it didn't develop. I haven't said much of anything to anyone here, because for all I know he really was in the hospital, but if so it would have been more honest for him to simply say he couldn't send me any eggs at this time and refund ALL of my money rather than part of it and send me rotten eggs.

Quote:
Some of the FBCMs in my incubator came from ebay in an old diaper box. But they made it fine. They were either from OH or WV.

I personally would turn him in to ebay, paypal and if he wasn't NPIP. I bad dealer ruins it for the good ones. I also can't stand the idea of others getting ripped off. Send ebay a copy of the email he sent you, inform them he did it outside of ebay, a description of how the eggs were packvs how they should be packed and a pic ogf the egg color vs what it should be.

Back
Top Bottom