What would you do . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

19Dawn76

Songster
10 Years
Apr 26, 2009
Toadsuck, AR
if you were in a store and saw a woman slap a child in the face, right acrosss the cheek ( 3-4 year old ).

edited to be more specific

Last edited:
Depends on where the kid was slapped. No child should ever be slapped in the face. That's why God padded their little behinds!!

If it's a swat on the tush, or the back of the hand, that's one thing......but anything more and I might get security.

Hmmm- toughie. In the past, what i have done is- Made eye contact. That often helps remind the parent that other people have seen your behavior.

Then, when one of my 5 invariably acts up, I make it a point to reprimand my child in a kind loving way- making SURE that parent hears me. I also make it a point to say to my child- "I know you're little, and shopping is not fun, but we will have fun soon at home, I love you sweetie" I just hope to heck that the slapping parent hears and learns by example. I KNOW what it feels like to have a whiney, crying, uncooperative child with me at the store. I certainly will admit to wanting to just spank the heck outta one when I'm frustrated beyond belief. I really understand. But I also remember that I am an adult. I try to remember that a child has only been on this planet a very short time, and has limited communication abilities.

I try to show them an alternative by example. A parent who will slap a child, in public,may not be afraid to slap me one for interfearing. My heart always breaks for any baby mistreated in my presence. In todays age of road rage and desperation due to economy, people are just worn thin, embarrassing them may make them lash out, at me, my kids, and their own children.

Sad, isnt it?

one slap is not abuse IMHO and I'd do nothing more than mind my own business.

The only thing that would ever warrant me hitting my child in the face or smacking thier mouth is spitting in my face.I was raised in the 60's by old rule's.So far raising 2 daughter's and 2 grandson's I have not had to got there yet.

I thought the child was way too young to be slapped in the face. I don't think I would of beeen as shocked if she had smacked his bottom. I keep thinking about it and wondering if I should of done anything.

That is too young to be slapped in the face. I've been known to ask the parent if they'd like the same by someone big enough to do it to them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom