WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I too, am new to this. Right now I ave limited numbers of eggs because I had a bad winter due to the neighbors dog :( and I am still growing out more breeders. I have some mixed layers for EE and Brown Coturnix Quail eggs. Due to the 5 day rule, I can get 6+ eggs from the chickens and 12+ (probably more like 15) from the quail. Is this enough to enter the swap, or do I need to wait until I have more pens producing that I am not hatching? I also made a swap page with pics of the girls currently laying.

Quote:
This swap page doesn't require you to offer eggs. I am in the same boat as you, I only have 1 rooster over 17 hens and all mixed breeds. By next spring I should have some pure bred Ameraucana, hopefully CCL, hopefully Buff Orpingtons and BCM to offer.

Ok, I too, am new to this. Right now I ave limited numbers of eggs because I had a bad winter due to the neighbors dog :( and I am still growing out more breeders. I have some mixed layers for EE and Brown Coturnix Quail eggs. Due to the 5 day rule, I can get 6+ eggs from the chickens and 12+ (probably more like 15) from the quail. Is this enough to enter the swap, or do I need to wait until I have more pens producing that I am not hatching? I also made a swap page with pics of the girls currently laying.
Welcome! yes, that would do it, but homemade food items, chicken saddles, diapers, mealworm kits, and fun items also do great on this swap. Make a swap page and join us!

Thanks Chiquita for the ideas. I will look around and see what I have... hmmm.

1876 Farm, I love my mutt chickens! I try to focus on shades of grey, personally. My spring project next year is a EE sexlink.

Are there many quilters/sewers here? What if I offered up five - 6" cotton squares custom embroiderd with any names you like? My machine is older with only 6 fonts to choose from but I have great fun with it. Anyone interested? The squares would work for anything from quilts, pillowcases, purses, or if heavy fabric is specified, even denim patches. Your choice of thread color, choose from my fabric, or send your own.

Now am I on the right track?

Ok folks, I am back to the swapping page! Life decided to repeatedly kick me in the butt, but after over a month of drama I have managed to get everything under control. Looking forward to participating again, I miss all the fun!

SO SO SO SO SO Sorry to Chiqita and Draigathar for the tardiness of their swaps being sent out (will drop off at the PO tomorrow on my lunch break), you have both been patient saints! Thank you for not becoming terribly upset with me, I appreciate your kind personal messages and not getting cranky on the boards. It is not like me to leave people hanging, I feel terrible :(

Thank you to everyone who sent their eggs this week, all arrived safely. I know I was not prompt in communication, so thank you for shipping with faith!

THANK YOU wonderful BYC community! I appreciate all of you!

Quote:
This swap page doesn't require you to offer eggs. I am in the same boat as you, I only have 1 rooster over 17 hens and all mixed breeds. By next spring I should have some pure bred Ameraucana, hopefully CCL, hopefully Buff Orpingtons and BCM to offer.
I have 2 Americana roos. What kind of roos do you have

Quote:
My 5 little Wheaten Amearucana (no "I") are only 3-4 weeks old, so not too sure hen vs roos yet!. They are from the Wayne Meredith line, I think it would be 2nd generation (the woman I bought them from, hatched them from her birds that she bought from WM). I'm just hoping for a couple of hens and 1 roo.

Good luck here's one of my roos

My Roo was sold as a Lavender Ameraucana but matured with his comb too big, so he is just an EE. If I cross him with good black Am hens his offspring might be nice, but my current plans are EE sexlinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom