WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to give a shout out to chiqita and the awesome development/hatch rate I got from the eggs she sent!!

5 of the 8 Bresse eggs from the first set I got went into lockdown and I now have 2 chicks out and 2 more pips! The second set is a few days away from lockdown but 6 out of the 7 bresse eggs are going strong, and the 4 marans eggs are too hard to see through so they will be a complete surprise!

I think this is the best development and hatch rate I have had on shipped eggs to date, thanks again chiqita!

ya.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yesss.gif

Saddles that Kiomey claimed will be shipped tomorrow... Tracking # 9405903699300162414094

Saddles are in route and looks like they just might arrive today, but you just never know with the usps. My DH must ship 3-5 packages a week, we created label online using our WI address, he dropped it off in Rockford IL , which is 1.5 hours away and the post office shipped it back up to our town in WI before sending it East. This is very strange, it's the first time he's ever seen it happen this way!!

Last edited:
Swindledana - 7 eggs received all in good condition, none broke. Thank you !!!! I will post pictures later.

Because of my analytical nature I marked all the air sacks and whether it looked like the yolks were wandering around inside ( not sue if this is a big issue or not). On one of them I could actually see the air sack moving around. I plan on creating a thread to track my hatch rate. These are my first received shipped eggs so excited to see what hatches.

Here's the thread I created to track hatching of these eggs:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/872953/1st-time-hatching-shipped-eggs

Last edited:
Any one have guineas, that would be willing to swap eggs from them when they start laying. im looking to get about a dozen for one of my close friends who lost all of his guineas to some stray dogs last year. the dogs have ben taken care but he is still searching for guinea eggs. he has a little farm of about 20 acres and like to have guineas, peafowl, and chickens to help with bug control and fertilizer.

Any one have guineas, that would be willing to swap eggs from them when they start laying. im looking to get about a dozen for one of my close friends who lost all of his guineas to some stray dogs last year. the dogs have ben taken care but he is still searching for guinea eggs. he has a little farm of about 20 acres and like to have guineas, peafowl, and chickens to help with bug control and fertilizer.

I would if I was actually getting enough eggs....My Guineas have just started to lay, I've seen 3 under my coop. I have 11 Guineas and I think only 2 are female, so it's a slow process to get a dozen :) What breeds are you willing to swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom