WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mailed eggs on the third and still didn't arrive at the swappers home...
Three day priority mail . Can we file a claim? Anyone ever actually had to file before? I've never had eggs this late before... .

Three day priority mail . Can we file a claim? Anyone ever actually had to file before? I've never had eggs this late before... .

This has happened to me also. Swapper mailed me eggs on 3rd and still haven't received them. I have tracking so it's not their fault. It's like the package is in limbo....who knows where it is.

They actually don't cover eggs in insurance unless the box itself is severely damaged, and even then the recipient must refuse it immediately at their end. They say 3 days, but if it arrives within 5 days past the 'expected arrival time' then it is still considered on time.
I've been around the block with USPS a time or 2, lol.

This has happened to me also. Swapper mailed me eggs on 3rd and still haven't received them. I have tracking so it's not their fault. It's like the package is in limbo....who knows where it is.

Yup, that's what happened to a couple of mine, too... wasn't scanned anywhere for 4 days, then just showed up at my doorstep... tracking didn't show delivered til next day...

if its more then 5 days it is considered late. But thor closed down all shipping in the middle of the country so everything is late. They were sending lives to peoples houses and re oxing them it got so bad.

caf.gif

I have claimed eggs before. None were broken, but only 1 hatched and I always take pictures of the air sacs (if egg color will allow) just a couple. File online, don't bother with the people at the country who don't know anything. You can also file if you are the seller or the buyer. You need a receipt and pictures of the 'damage' which can be floating air sacs or crackage.

I'm still advocating that we should collectively so using the word fragile. It seems to mean nothing. I just got a box that looked a bit squished, but not a lot and 2 eggs were shattered inside. It had fragile written on every available space. I believe that the words 'live embryos' bring more attention because they don't see them everyday and 'live' should mean something to a person.

Don't let them tell you otherwise from above. I've had people tell me that only the shipper could file and she kept being told only the recover could file, so no one did and I lost out on $50 worth of eggs. I filed myself online the next time and got a check in the mail.

Hello All
most of you will not remember me, it has been about 2 years since I swapped, I got really tired of not being able to trust the other party, that is why I have been lurking here. seems like this is a great bunch that does what they say they will..

gonna work on putting a swap page together, will not have much to offer right now, except some peanut butter fudge or I can put fodder bags together with either wheat, barley or corn...

need to go digging around.

I don't believe the PO guarantees the delivery time for priority. I have heard about the pictures of the damaged air cells though. Never tried it but glad to hear someone has had luck with this though. I assume there would need to be visible damage to the box as well?
As far as insurance claims at the local PO goes, I had a shocking experience over an important check I sent guaranteed over night. It ended up taking over 2 days to get there. When I took the receipt in for a refund I was greeted with a tantrum by the employee who told me they weren't going to take the heat for it. They pulled their wallet out, handed me the cash. No paperwork was exchanged at all??? My conclusion, the PO much deal with their employees as consistently as they deal with packages. It was really really sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom