What's in stock at your TSC Chick Days?

Pics

drdoct

Songster
Feb 7, 2022
Griffin, GA
We've been eagerly anticipating 'Chick days' at the local Tractor Supply to get some more girls to help the 4 pullets taking the brunt of Mr. Cockerel. He's really good with them, but still 4 hens need relief. When we purchased the first batch of 6, they were supposed to be sexed pullets. Anyway. I called and they have chicks now.

Imagine my disappointment when I went over and they had 3 Plymouth whites and that was it. They had 2 tubs of ducks, but we're not looking for ducks. I know nothing about chicken sexing so am leary of taking the last 3 straight run chicks because I'm sure someone is much better at sexing than me and they're most likely all 3 cockerels.

So for anyone who has been to TSC and seen what they have, feel free to post.

FWIW, I'd prefer Easter eggers like we already have or something less white since they free range.

Smart move on not taking last straight run. I don’t think I’d take any straight run from TSC. They get new shipments every week or so and I’d assume they’ll be coming in quite often now that chick season is here!

ETA: are you opposed to online ordering from a hatchery? Much more selection and consistent choice that way!

We're only wanting to get 4 or so to get started. After the first hens are a year then we plan on hatching. Doesn't seem really worth it to order online when my wife really just wants Easter Eggers like we first got at TSC.
If you can handle 7-8EEs and want them soon, you can order from Ideal for less than $40 total with shipping! Not sure how long you want to wait for them to be available. My TSC has a minimum of 6 per purchase, NYS law. Your state must have a lower minimum!

Wyandottes,barreds,majestic marans and australorps where at mine today no breeds I want lol and with feed prices so high prolly wont get any
20220224_132035.jpg
20220224_132041.jpg

My store had Australorps, Wyandottes Barred Rock, & ISAs all spring and summer last year, with a sprinkling of othet breeds here & there. Must be the best sellers.
At 2.99 each nah everyones gonna wait until they are older and on sale id never pay that for a chick thats prolly a male and forgot orps mine has in

If you can handle 7-8EEs and want them soon, you can order from Ideal for less than $40 total with shipping! Not sure how long you want to wait for them to be available. My TSC has a minimum of 6 per purchase, NYS law. Your state must have a lower minimum!
I think it’s four…. But New York‘s is Six? That’s a lot

Back
Top Bottom