What's in your backyard?

Kschwartz

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
Just felt like making an interesting thread. So guys, what do you have in your backyard? Gardens, barns, big trees or something really cool (c'mon, beside your coops
roll.png
)? I'd like to see (or hear a possible story behind it) anything cool you guys have in your yards.

A HUGE garden, a dog kennel with 3 Appleyard ducks, 2 Mallards, 2 unknown ducks, and 4 Silkies, and 5 Orpingtons. Also, a trampoline pen with 2 Emu chicks, and a dog yard with 3 Golden Retrievers, and a washline.
lol.png

Quote:
OMG I cannot possibly list all our breeds. Lets just say there are 48 or 49 chickens and 12 ducks, 2 dogs and 2 goats out there. Once in awhile I let Micro out to play with the big boys.....

trees, deer, turkeys, coupla sheds, some tarps covering old tractors, my 1 year olds john deere gator, about 400' of hose, various irrigation attachments and a lot of dripline.

Three vegetable gardens(cucumber, eggplant, asparagus, peppers, tomatoes, tamatillos, corn, squash, zucchini, beats, onions, garlic, and radishes), a ton of black walnut trees, some apple trees, peach trees, nectarine trees, apricot trees, plum trees, a berry garden(strawberry, blueberry, red raspberry, white raspberry, blackberry, and in the summer watermelon). Two chicken pens, one duck pen, three sheds...

and the interesting part. I got a streetlight(similar to this one http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...&ndsp=31&ved=1t:429,r:16,s:0&biw=1366&bih=576 except the bulb area is not round, I'll try to get pictures tomorrow) and installed it in my yard at the end of the driveway. It lights up an acre like its the middle of the day

Last edited:
In my backyard I have 2 sheds, my deck, a swing chair, a few trailers , 2 fire pits, a ton of huge mature maples and pines, and a vegetable garden (peas, beans, carrots, radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, potatoes, and something I'm forgetting, haha). Also, soon to be a duck pen for my new Rouens I got Friday
smile.png

Last edited:
A chicken coop & run, a shed, a lot of bird feeders, bird houses, a copper birdbath, an antique wagon (decoration), lots of wild flowers & perennials, and lots and lots of trees in every direction!! I'm completely surrounded by woods. Oh, and lots of rock walls too, all the way around my property and on my property, some of them very high on each side of the stone step path. I was told by my neighbor that the original owner who built this house many years ago brought all of those rocks down himself, using an upside down car hood with a chain. Dug them up, and dragged them down the mountain, using the car hood like a sled, stacking them over many years. They said shortly after he completed it he died. And now I just love those rock walls; home to bunnies and chipmunks.
smile.png

Other than the usual things like the dog's fenced area and the pig pen, we have a really old barn that's falling apart, lots of scrub trees, deer, and really tall weeds. Lots and lots of really tall weeds.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom