What's the gender of my baby?

VanillaPeepPeep

Hatching
Aug 17, 2020
This is baby vanilla, she?he? Born in my hands 2 months and half ago. She have a very tiny spurs and when it born, by the wings feathers, I was sure it was a she, but she accidentally crow maybe 2 times this last weeks. Since is a rescued egg from a factory farm I suspect her growth isn't normal but modified, I'm confused about her gender because of the size. For only 2 months and a half looks like a dinosaur. I don't know how the factory farm chicks look like, but this is huge. Can someone tell me?

Also, some of my suspicion comes from one day when she was egg size, she tried to mate with my foot :lau and she fights a lot with one pillow I have
1596269209172.jpg

she accidentally crow maybe 2 times this last weeks.

Male.

Since is a rescued egg from a factory farm I suspect her growth isn't normal but modified, I'm confused about her gender because of the size. For only 2 months and a half looks like a dinosaur. I don't know how the factory farm chicks look like, but this is huge. Can someone tell me?

Looks like a meat chicken--they get big fast.
I think that farm must be producing eggs to hatch meat chickens, not eggs to sell in stores for people to eat.

Male.

Looks like a meat chicken--they get big fast.
I think that farm must be producing eggs to hatch meat chickens, not eggs to sell in stores for people to eat.

That is why i suspect of everything she does, like crowing, she probably is completely modified, and im having only this one alone, so maybe is having too behaviour for that reason?

Meat chickens seem to be always hungry. So they eat a lot, grow fast, get fat, have trouble walking, and often die of heart problems when they are a few months old.

It will probably not live very long--you might consider just butchering it. (They grow fast, get fat, have trouble walking, and often die of heart problems when they are only a few months old.)

But crowing still means male.

Meat chickens seem to be always hungry. So they eat a lot, grow fast, get fat, have trouble walking, and often die of heart problems when they are a few months old.

It will probably not live very long--you might consider just butchering it. (They grow fast, get fat, have trouble walking, and often die of heart problems when they are only a few months old.)

But crowing still means male.

Is true he eats a lot when is sleeping, sometimes wakes up just to eat....I didn't know they die like that, but thanks for the information. Unfortunately I'm a vegan so I will never murder him. So I guess I'll take care of HIM :D untill his last breath.

Back
Top Bottom