What's the one thing you wish you had included in your coop?

Pics
I really like my coop it’s open enough I can easily segregate areas for broody with chicks, breeding pens or a brooder area for incubator hatched chicks. Multiple feed stations. Dust bath area.
If I could I would do running water with sink but that won’t happen as long as I live in the north. I would like to add more of a run 8 ft out with a roof over the door area but I don’t think my husband will add another roof (he says it’s a pia) :tongue That way they can enjoy the sunshine more right now they only out in the evening and on the weekend when I can be around.
This is my coop
16C87F93-1E16-4046-9908-D9211284B01B.jpeg

7A516DAA-FC3F-4D87-999C-6E863B1767D7.jpeg

I took the blue nest boxes out and use that 4x8 area as a brooder or when no chicks just storage/ feeding area.
Set up as a brooder.
1D0411BA-D6B5-45F7-B6A3-063055A17D0F.jpeg

C8AFCBF8-FF31-4AFE-9F05-75A7FA4A1B26.jpeg

Nest boxes change to go under the shelves (these were supposeto be roosting shelves for the silkies but they only use them sometimes during the day) in the back of the 8x8 area. They were laying back there anyway so I add a board across and curtains. I have added 2 milk crates since this picture to give 5 divided spaces.
B2C37795-99C1-4AE3-BBFB-2C9A46200EFF.jpeg

Last edited:
I really like my coop it’s open enough I can easily segregate areas for broody with chicks, breeding pens or a brooder area for incubator hatched chicks. Multiple feed stations. Dust bath area.
If I could I would do running water with sink but that won’t happen as long as I live in the north. I would like to add more of a run 8 ft out with a roof over the door area but I don’t think my husband will add another roof (he says it’s a pia) :tongue That way they can enjoy the sunshine more right now they only out in the evening and on the weekend when I can be around.
This is my coop
View attachment 1894422

View attachment 1894412
I took the blue nest boxes out and use that 4x8 area as a brooder or when no chicks just storage/ feeding area.
Set up as a brooder.
View attachment 1894434
View attachment 1894414
Nest boxes change to go under the shelves (these were supposeto be roosting shelves for the silkies but they only use them sometimes during the day) in the back of the 8x8 area. They were laying back there anyway so I add a board across and curtains. I have added 2 milk crates since this picture to give 5 divided spaces.
View attachment 1894419

Great set up @NNYchick ! Beautiful silkies too :thumbsup

Do they like the xylophone? I've been thinking about getting one.

I was wondering the same thing @NNYchick . :)

Back
Top Bottom