What's the temperature where you are???

254 pm Tuesday

IMG_7325.png
IMG_7326.png

Tuesday: 6:55pm, 85°F, feels like 91°F, humidity 66%, wind ESE @ 10mph, partly cloudy. Haven't posted the last few days due to the eclipse and the eclipse hangover? ....only 2.5 hours to go to Ingram but 5 hours to get back home! :eek:that many people were trying to get back home too, bumper to bumper from Ingram to Seguin....hangover from the frustration driving that slow and taking that long, wore me out! :lau

I'm gett
Tuesday: 6:55pm, 85°F, feels like 91°F, humidity 66%, wind ESE @ 10mph, partly cloudy. Haven't posted the last few days due to the eclipse and the eclipse hangover? ....only 2.5 hours to go to Ingram but 5 hours to get back home! :eek:that many people were trying to get back home too, bumper to bumper from Ingram to Seguin....hangover from the frustration driving that slow and taking that long, wore me out! :lau
How exciting it must have been!

I'm gett

How exciting it must have been!
It was and it wasn't!!!....if that makes sense? Couldn't see much because of the cloud cover that moved in right about totality but did get a couple of glances at the 'diamond ring' and the Corona, thought the 2 times we actually saw the Corona was going to be it but everyone started chanting, "one more time" and the clouds parted for an encore! :celebrate I just wished it had been a 'bluebird' day like 3 days before! My brother was in Plano, Texas (about 425 miles from me) and they got a break in the clouds just as the totality started.

But, overall I was pretty happy with what I saw and experienced. I have seen many partial eclipses but this was the 1st total eclipse.
Truly was a once in a life time event for me! :D

Wednesday 10th April 10.53a.m. Cool and Sunny. 22.2 / 31.5kph SW, Hg48%, 17.7C / 63.9F top of 20C / 68F. Wind easing. Partly cloudy. I had to get the flannie pjs on last nite!

Moon is 2.4%

Mawson Station chef turned aurora australis photographer revels in his finest photos so far​

By Clancy Balen
Posted 3h ago
A green and pink aurora agains a dark blue sky stretches above a clear body of water in Antarctica.

A photo of an aurora australis beaming near Mawson base, Antarctica, in March 2024. (Supplied: Justin Chambers)

Justin Chambers has been chasing the aurora australis for over a decade, and he's now in one of the best places in the world to find them.

The chef turned amateur photographer spends a large part of his year at Mawson Station, in the Australian Antarctic Territory.

As the sun enters the solar maximum — the period of greatest solar activity during its 11-year solar cycle — Mr Chambers said he has witnessed the best aurora of his life, and managed to get it on camera.

"Having chased them for so long, I find the beauty in everything, but seeing these … I've never experienced anything quite like it," he said.

"Colours I've only dreamed of.

"I've never really seen pink, I've seen red and green, there was a hint of blue, we had purples and we had oranges."

More beautiful pics here!

I only had partial here. It was neat, but not impressive. I think a total or annular would impress me. Even then, I think watching the animals and/or shadows is what I would really enjoy the most.
Yeah, if it hadn't been cloudy, I would have seen the shadow moving towards me....but I did notice it as it was moving away! That was the coolest part, the sudden darkness...would have really been awe striking if it were cloudless.

Back
Top Bottom