What's the temperature where you are???

32F (0C) here and raining. Icicles on the fence but puddles on the ground. Rain and Ice are having a battle. I think rain will win this one...🌧
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you all noticed all the weather related smileys on this new format?
🌈🌪⛅💨⛄☔🔥🌩🌨💧☂☀

So... I am a meteorology G33k all my life(thanks to Grandparents). I started reading the OP first pages of this thread & reminiscing about that serious storm that dropped 7-9" of heavy "Michigan style snow storm" that lasted almost a whole week. That was a seriously trippy event. My Michigan legs for a quick refresher in a Kroger parking lot & then I took the kids for a ride and they were all just glued their windows. Did a lot of sledding on the driveway, made a snow family as well.

Fast forward..... Have been actively following "The Old Farmer's Almanac" for our region (#11) for a few years -steadily now- and this winter has been scarily spot on. "Mild" is an understatement. Since New years we had a couple days 70 &72°F with lows about 50°! Last week we also had a real 'michigan style snow storm' it stuck around (north sides of stuff) for a day & 1/2. And the rain has 110% waterlogged our yard. The next 3 days forecast is a semi-dry out then 2 more days of rain.

Not sure how much drying will happen with 50° & 30° and 'mostly Sunny' as the expectation.

Even with all I've done for the coop & run, this sapling has infiltrated the run... About 1/2 of it.

It's truly fascinating watching the jet stream wiggle and then see the domino effect throw an Alberta clipper at us from time to time.

So today in between the bands of rain we would get "London style FOG"; right now it's gone up a bit, 52° 97% humidity, 61 dew point & still more rain forecast over night.

Y'all have a safe night. Sleep relaxed. Safe weekend too.

Last edited:
28.9F here going down - supposed to have real Mid-western weather this weekend. Like freezing drizzle, turning to snow - could be several inches (OR NOT!) with maybe .2 inch of ice on paved surfaces. 🐧⛄🌬
Yuppers! I'm constantly watching/enjoying the radar loops; local, national & planet wide.

I'm in No. Central West Virginia...it was -11 (that's not a typo, yes MINUS 11 Degrees) this morning! I hope I don't find chicken-pops when I go to feed and water this morning!
smile.png

Yesterday, the radio said Alaska was averaging 40 degrees, it was -5 here at the time! I don't like the heat, but this is CRAZY COLD!

How frozen are you guys???
Its a balmy 68 degrees here in St. Petersburg, FL but I hear freezing temps are on the way 54 degrees-for us thats freezing.

Back
Top Bottom