What's the temperature where you are???

Beautiful blue sky after the rain 232pm Sunday cool breeze 67 feels 66 I’m going to enjoy these next few days outside

IMG_7571.png

IMG_7572.png

Full moon days over the last 44 years

I never noticed change in temperature but I did notice changes in people’s behavior
Yes, I notice a lot more ppl wandering around the street on full moon nites. A teacher friend of autistic children says her class reacts strongly to the full moon days.

Monday 22nd April 9.31a.m. Sunny and calm. 7.4 / 7.4kph WSW, Hg 58%, 18C / 64.6F top of 22C / 71.6F. Mostly sunny.

Moon is 96.3% - 5 days poor fishing. Ideal time to grow edible sprouts; rapid growth.

Stargazers were treated to a light show as the Aurora Australis revealed itself across South Australia and Tasmania skies in the early hours of Saturday.

Adelaide photographer Simon Deluca-Cardillo spent almost four hours in the cold overnight near Kuitpo Forest in the southern Adelaide Hills.

His patience paid off when the clouds cleared.

"I had to wait for the moon to set at 3am," Mr DeLuca-Cardillo said.

"It started off slowly once the moon disappeared below the horizon at 3am — then about 4:30am it went off with a bang."

Mr DeLuca-Cardillo said the lights went "berserk", and could be seen with the naked eye.

His long exposure shot, which captured more colours than his timelapse video, has been shared widely on social media.

A Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) spokesperson said it issued an aurora alert notice "due to the solar wind conditions looking favourable for auroras" in the early hours of Saturday.

1713742947877.png

1713743056567.png

Tasmania

well yes but at least you don’t have the heavy humidity. i used to live in desert , in the antelope Valley. very hot but very dry.
Now I’m back on the East Coast, I love all the greenery , but summer humidity is yuck

I've spent summers in Georgia and Alabama. I can tolerate that much better than single-digit humidity. It's not just discomfort. People underestimate how destructive very low humidity is to everything from car interiors to furniture to your hair, eyes, and lungs.

If I listed all the ridiculous and absurd things we do every day - sometimes on an hourly basis - to compensate for the desert environment and super low humidity you'd think I was exaggerating. Unfortunately it's all too real. I'll take humidity any day over this insanity.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom