Whats the weirdest thing your chickens have eaten or tried to eat??

Mine, love styrofoam. Also pine shavings, allways with the pine shavings no wonder I have to keep adding litter! One likes to try to eat my eyeball, luckily I am on to his games, the also like the little shiney things on my pants and my feet, and dead skin, and snails ect.... :)

OMG I just dropped a bag of white chedder cheese cheese its only a few and my girls just went crazy so i crumbled us a few more threw them down and they went crazy for them I need to find the box to read how unhealthy they are for the girls i may just have to trow a few out to them each day.

Weird things my chickens have eaten, LOL.

Construction material/man made: nuts, washers, screws, plastic tags from the end pieces of wood. Plastic plant tags/markers, rubber bands and broken glass...anything shiney.

Toys: Legos and K'nex (kind of like legos)

Food: Raw uncured olives (bitter yuck) and Jalapenos (ate them like candy)

Tiny clear glass beads! They got into some art supplies. It probably made their poop sparkle
clap.gif
lau.gif

I recently opened the 10 week old hens and rooster to the run. Well they found all kinds of bugs including fire ants, and mud wasps. They have since dug about a foot down and have devoured everything in sight. Once the get a bit bigger I will let them free range. The will love the cord wood pile and sawdust end up starving the skunks and badgers yet.

My dog also eats the wasps that buzz him. He nabs them in mid air and as they sting him he growls, but still bites at them and eats them anyways.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom