Whats the weirdest thing your chickens have eaten or tried to eat??

This is my second time at chickens. My last flock about 8 years ago used to steal my food right off my little Weber grill. I had a flare up and ran inside to get a spray bottle and when I came out the grill was missing two pork tenderloins and my rooster and one of my hens had singed feathers on their head.
They lived another four years and the feathers grew back except near the beak area of the rooster.

This is my second time at chickens. My last flock about 8 years ago used to steal my food right off my little Weber grill. I had a flare up and ran inside to get a spray bottle and when I came out the grill was missing two pork tenderloins and my rooster and one of my hens had singed feathers on their head.
They lived another four years and the feathers grew back except near the beak area of the rooster.
gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Our chickens have eaten straw, tiny dried-up oranges, their own feathers, their own poop, things of the bottom of my shoe, and God knows what else!

Our 6 week old chick have eaten straw, tiny dried-up oranges, my hair, dirt, things of the bottom of my shoes, their own poop and feathers, Speckles, my little Barred Rock cockerel, even jumped into my bowl of Spageti-Os when I ate lunch in the coop, and tried to jump in my mom's coffee cup when she checked up on the chicks early in the morning!!

My chickens eat toads every chance they get. My Lavender Orp although she did not eat it I was holding her without a shirt on and wam she got my boob.

Just today one of my hens ate my earring that fell out while I was dogging a mid air quail fight. My earring got caught on the chicken wire and as soon as I saw and realized it, one of my hens grabbed it and ran. Oh these silly birds. Gotta love em!

Back
Top Bottom