Whats the weirdest thing your chickens have eaten or tried to eat??

My friend raises pigeons and chickens. One time she had a pigeon egg hatching out, and the mother got off the nest and wouldn't get back on. It was cold out, so she stuck the egg under a broody hen. The hen hatched out the egg, then ate the baby pigeon!

My friend raises pigeons and chickens. One time she had a pigeon egg hatching out, and the mother got off the nest and wouldn't get back on. It was cold out, so she stuck the egg under a broody hen. The hen hatched out the egg, then ate the baby pigeon!

This actually made me laugh..poor chicken wanted a baby chicken and was unhappy with what she got instead.

sickbyc.gif
... and here I was... hoping for a happy ending... blech!

Mine love to eat spaghetti, the more sauce the better. They have it all over them by the time the feed bowl is empty.
yippiechickie.gif

I can't outdo the last one (glad the pigeon egg under my broody hen didn't make it!)

So... My daughter's first attempt at making me breakfast. She microwaved cornflakes & milk for several minutes. A chicken's dream!

srgtroost23
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif

one of mine was watching intently as I scanned a cat for ticks... i found one and as soon as it was pulled and literally an inch away from the cats neck, she snatched it from the tweezer and scarfed it, cat hair and all (it had a little ring of Ollie hair around it's neck).

Back
Top Bottom