WHATS UP WITH E-BAY?

gamebirdsonly

Crowing
16 Years
Mar 5, 2007
UTAH
THEY CANCELLED MY AUTION SAYING I WAS SELLING ILLEGAL ANIMAL PARTS OR ENDANGERED ANIMALS OR LIVE. ALL i WAS SELLING WAS PHEASANT EGGS ALSO i HAD A BID ON SOME BANTAM POLISH EGGS AND THEY HAD CANCELED THEIR AUCTION TO:lol:. ANY ONE KNOW WHATS GOING ON?

All Ebay hatching egg auctions are being cancelled. People are getting different reasons: Avian flu, live animal debate, to Express shipping requirements. Who knows? Go to Eggbid.com and relist them....I'm sure everyone will be heading over there now.

Jody

FYI - Ebay has cancelled hundreds of egg auctions today, this morning there were over 900 listings in the poultry category and this evening just over 500. All 20 of my auctions were cancelled with the explanation that they did not meet a policy that all hatching eggs be shipped overnight mail. I can't verify if this is a new or old policy but I've been selling and buying hatching eggs on ebay for years with no problems. I'll be moving over to eggbid.

Also, this was started by another ebay seller
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/hatchingeggs/signatures-3.html

Tami - Heritage Corner Poultry

I just e-mailed them asking them to re-consider their decision, and asking for the reasoning behind it.

If it's a live animal issue (which would also explain the shipping issue) then they just need a lesson in Avian embryology (i.e., the egg doesn't start to develop until it's actually put in an incubator -- until then, it's the same thing as you buy in the grocery store).

You can e-mail them here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_...bject]&tier1=result_3_7_4&continue=Continue+>

You CAN still sell your eggs on Ebay. You just have to charge people for over night shipping is all which is around $25. At least that's what you have to write in your auction. However,,,after auction ends you can tell bidder that you will ship regular priority mail postage if you want.
Some idiot told Ebay that people were shipping live embryos and that it was cruel to ship eggs without them being over night! Can you believe?? I wrote Ebay and complained saying that I have bought lots of eggs off of ebay that have hatched and were shipped to me in 3 days. What ebay doesn't seem to understand is that these eggs have 7-10 days after being laid that they can go into an incubator and the growth of the bird does NOT start until after it goes into the incubator.
So don't give up your listings if I were you. Go ahead and list on Ebay and post in your auction that Ebay is making you ship over night. Like I said,,,you can contact the bidders and tell them that they don't have to pay over night shipping unless they want to.
I think the PETA idiots are the ones who complained. You would think that Ebay would have done at least a little research in this before changing their rules!!!
Good luck!
Julie
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom