whats wrong with my hen? *video* unbalanced...NEW VIDEO~post#385

Pip&Squeek2 :

I'm curious as well about the vitamin E. Can you overdose them with E? The only vit E I could find is in a little capsule that I poke and then squeeze the fluid out. However, it all clumps together when I add it to water so I am going to have to add it to the chick starter, water, and vit B next feeding time.

Does anyone know how long it can take to see results? Whether or not this is going to help? I don't mind doing it at all but with s/he being so tiny and all, shouldn't it take a short amount of time for the vit B and/or E to get into it's system? I know that patients is a virtue but I feel so bad for the little one.

I am so thankful I found this place and I hope I am not being annoying. I am still in the learning stage of a chickens life. So having this happen makes me feel even more useless.

Look forward to hearing how the other "wobblers" are doing.
~Sara

never annoying.the people on here are very nice and like to help..​

Pip&Squeek2 :

I'm curious as well about the vitamin E. Can you overdose them with E? The only vit E I could find is in a little capsule that I poke and then squeeze the fluid out. However, it all clumps together when I add it to water so I am going to have to add it to the chick starter, water, and vit B next feeding time.

Does anyone know how long it can take to see results? Whether or not this is going to help? I don't mind doing it at all but with s/he being so tiny and all, shouldn't it take a short amount of time for the vit B and/or E to get into it's system? I know that patients is a virtue but I feel so bad for the little one.

I am so thankful I found this place and I hope I am not being annoying. I am still in the learning stage of a chickens life. So having this happen makes me feel even more useless.

Look forward to hearing how the other "wobblers" are doing.
~Sara

You are NEVER annoying. All questions are great. Personally, I love to share what I have learned. Im relatively new to the chicken rearing world too.
I wish I knew more about vit E. Id say be careful as although it might be water-soluble in the form its in, in the body it is still fat-soluble and so can add up. Water-soluble in the body means it gets peed out in excess which is why it has to be constantly replaced....hence the problems resulting with even a small deficiency. I have added two strips of sod to my yard. Chickens need greens to get vit B. If they dont have access to greens in their yard then the danger of become vit b deficient is more likely.​

I got some vitamin B from the health store this morning. A few hours ago, I crushed up the pill and put it in her food. I hope this works!!! Will keep you all updated.

queeny has pretty much stopped eating and drinking.so im crushing up a vit. b pill and puting it in water.then using a syringe to give her some.i feel so bad cause it really seems to stress her out.shes taking so many meds right now.

My little Runt doesn't seem to eat by itself either. So every hour I give it a try but it seems every 2-3 it'll eat really good. Other than that my little one just lays inside a popsicle stick house that my son has made. I think it gives it comfort because it surrounds it nicely. I just wish there was more I could do. And I really hope s/he is getting enough of the vit B in to make a difference.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom