whats wrong with my hen? *video* unbalanced...NEW VIDEO~post#385

She is separated with one other hen that got injured by a raccoon a few weeks ago. They are buddies though. I had some Poly Visol Vitamin drops, but the whole bottle spilled! Im going to have to go get some more today.

It is hard to get her to walk...she barely does any moving around at all...I will try to get a video of her walking a little bit more if I can.

She has no lice or mites, no poo covering vent, and both her legs look and feel fine. She is drinking/eating fine.

At night, I put her and her buddy in a tub we got from Tractor Supply that you keep chicks in. The tub is on our closed in porch so nothing can get to them. During the day, I let them outside in a fece we have but the other chickens can't get into.

I would give her some yogurt and maybe some vit e . I have had a few off balance and used there wings to try to balance and help them stand I have no clue what it could be , i wish you the best
smile.png

i had a chicken that got underfoot accidentally- and her leg or something got injured and wouldnt walk. and would use its wings like that. i parked her right in between food and water and waited. at first she would hobble to a nest box i had on the floor and sit in it away from the other hens and even poopy in it. i wasnt very optimistic, but i let her go, then she started to stay at the food and water, and then i would carry her outside to make her go back in herself if she wanted to and it progressed from there. i think it took about two weeks before she could walk somewhat normally. Im glad i waited and didnt make dh do " the killing" thing.

If it just appears to be her leg i would let her heal a little, if its more to do wtih her head and stuff i think it would be neurological also.

Maybe she got injured running away from the coon?

Last edited:
any kind of yogurt is good. I had one of my 8 weekers injured from a dog ... she had no broken skin but layed around looking near death. I put those yellow powder cow vitamins in her water and gave her scrambled eggs and kept her isolated for 48 hours and she is fine. Might be worth a try

She doesn't sleep in the same coop with the hens that had to coon accident...I will try to give her some yogurt, and I give my chickens scrambled eggs with the eggshells in it. I will try that. I will also try to get some oyster shells from TSC and if I have time I will get some PolyVisol vitamin drops to her.

Any moldy food??

Is this sudden?/

As I have one who is three months old and has a walking disability, do not know what happened, they were fine till I put them outside in their large kennel and utch. I suspect an injury.

Back
Top Bottom