whats wrong with my hen? *video* unbalanced...NEW VIDEO~post#385

What are anyone's thoughts on whether a brain tumor might cause walking problems for a chicken?

With open-mouth breathing, chickens sometimes do that when they're just too hot, as well as if they have stuffy noses or gapeworms, or just took a sloppy drink of water.
I wonder if this also is sometimes a sign that a chicken is feeling pain?? Particularly if they only take a couple or so breaths like that? What does anyone else think?

Also, if there might be anything helpful there, on the webpage that is linked in my signature line below, there is a collection of info on treating chicken leg problems.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

My baby has had to be put down. S/he had really bad diarrhea and was getting so bad. Didn't want to do anything but sleep. I didn't think it was fair for him/her to keep having to live like that anymore. I have been crying for hours and life isn't the same. I used to be able to leave him/her for an hour or so...at the end (today) s/he couldn't even get him/her self out of the way after pooping. S/he kept ending up full of it.

I honestly don't even know what to say. It has been very hard. My heart hurts so bad. I really didn't even want to get back on here but I wanted to thank everyone for the support and the idea's.
I know I will question myself over and over about whether or not it was the right thing or not. I can't imagine what or how I am going to handle this.

I'm crying with you, for sure. I know how it hurts. I remember how my little one looked at me when I picked him up to take him in the other room for a shot....he had no idea, nor did I, that he wouldn't make it. So I can tell you that it will take awhile for the pain to ease. I can't stand thinking about mine and how it was there at the last. I know he was sick though, but maybe a vet could have saved him. I thought I was doing right...being so very careful with the med dosage and all. It absolutely hurts to think about it, even now.
I feel sure you did the right thing. He/she could not have been enjoying the state he/she was in, and remember that he/she was depending on you to do the right thing. At least I have to believe that. I don't really know what they think, but they have to sense that we are trying, don't they?
Don't try to rationalize your feelings now. Just go with it...cry when you need to, remember the good times, and eventually you will start thinking less and less about it.
Hang on. You have friends here who care, and understand.

Quote:
Thank you so much. I can hardly even see straight to write. I don't know what to do with myself. My kids are feeling better then they were when it was done. But we did bury him/her and had a little ceremony. At this point I am scared and really sad. I don't want to get close to any more of them. But it's so hard not to.

I understand. I don't fret when my critters are not really tame, because it will hurt even more when I lose one. The one we lost (did we kill him? I guess so) was the ONLY one of our crowd, that would come over and jump up on our lap, or shoulder. Boy do I miss him!

Pip&Squeek2 :

Hi guys,

My baby has had to be put down. S/he had really bad diarrhea and was getting so bad. Didn't want to do anything but sleep. I didn't think it was fair for him/her to keep having to live like that anymore. I have been crying for hours and life isn't the same. I used to be able to leave him/her for an hour or so...at the end (today) s/he couldn't even get him/her self out of the way after pooping. S/he kept ending up full of it.

I honestly don't even know what to say. It has been very hard. My heart hurts so bad. I really didn't even want to get back on here but I wanted to thank everyone for the support and the idea's.
I know I will question myself over and over about whether or not it was the right thing or not. I can't imagine what or how I am going to handle this.

hit.gif
I'm so sorry. Losing a beloved pet is just awful. I hope you take comfort in knowing that you honored your little baby by doing the best you could to heal your little one and then by not letting he/she suffer. You knew the time to try to help it heal and knew when it was time to help baby let go.

Many, many hugs to you.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom