whats wrong with my hen? *video* unbalanced...NEW VIDEO~post#385

Hi 97, I am sorry it has ended this way for your hen and you, I get so attached to all my animals, I guess I humanize them too. But I hope when the time comes you'll find the strength inside yourself to go ahead. You'll at least know what was wrong with her and learn so much from this experience. I am sure I can speak for all of us that have lost chickens and other pets, that we will be thinking of you. Keep us informed okay? Hugs and prayers to you both!

You are not alone. I have 2 hens in a similar situation. One went blind and became paralyzed. She has been at the vet since Monday, being tube fed. Which is *not* what I wanted for her. This is so hard. You have been a great source of information, and a really great "mother" to your pet. I too want answers. So sorry that you are going through this. I will post when I get any info.

So sorry you are also having to go through this. It is extremely hard with one chicken...I can't imagine having 2. Not sure when I will be able to make it up to State, but I will let you all know when I have answers.

Well, my hospitalized hen had to be put down. The vet is sending her to the state for a necropsy. Meanwhile, I still have no results on the other hen's necropsy. Giving the 3rd hen lots of TLC. When she gets to a point where she can't eat, drink or walk, I will have the vet put her down and bury her. I've had enough with watching my chickens suffer, and now know that the vet cannot save them.

Update: My family and I are going to NCState this coming Wednesday (10-27) to put my hen down and get results.
Its going to be very hard for me, but its also very hard to watch her struggle like this. She's not in good shape at all, so I'm relieved that she will be put out of her misery and she will be in a much better place.
I do get to watch him do the necropsy. The first thing I will do when I find out what's wrond Wednesday afternoon is get on BYC and let you all know.

I know that whatever you find out will be tremendously helpful to those of us who have dealt with similar problems, and those who might in the future. I'm surely sorry though, that anyone has to lose one to gain that information. Be strong, because you are doing the right thing.

Ok guys...so my hen is now running around normal and having the best time of her life up in chicken heaven. It was very hard but I am very glad she is no longer suffering.
The necropsy was pretty cool. Everything looked good. He took her brain and spinal cord and he is going to look at it under a magnifying glass. He put them in some kind of liquid and said it should be about 2 weeks until he gets results. I will let you all know as soon as I find out!

Back
Top Bottom