What's your best egg bake recipe?

PrichardsChicks

Hatching
7 Years
Oct 1, 2012
Midwest Wi
I have started getting a good supply of eggs from my little lady's, and I have been playing around with a couple of recipes off of the net. Just curious to see what everyone else is doing..

My new favorite is actually a Weight Watchers recipe - but I tweaked it a little bit for my tastes.
The weight Watchers recipe called for all egg whites, but I like the taste of eggs and I want the nutrician of the egg yolk, so I use 1 egg and one egg white. This would be delicious with 2 eggs and no egg whites.

Dice 1 ounce of ham, a tablespoon of onion, 1/4 cup of roma tomato, 1 slice of crisy fried bacon. Zuchinni and green peppers would also be good in this, but I don't like them.
Beat together one egg, 1/4 cup of egg whites, a pinch of salt, some papper, a pinch of basil and 1/4 cup of milk until well mixed and slightly foamy.
Grate 1 medium potato into a bowl of salted water. Stir in the water till the loose starch is off the potatoes - drain well.
In a non-stick frypan sprayed with oil, fry potatoes until browned. Add onions when they are almost done so they can cook a little bit. Stir in the meat and veg, just until warmed through. Pour in the eggs and stir until mixed through. Turn burner to low and cover pan to let the eggs cook - about 3 minutes. The edges will look like the eggs are cooked, but the center will still be kinda runny.
Place frying pan in the oven for 5 minutes to finish cooking the eggs. (the original recipe said to put the pan under the broiler or bake in a 450 degree oven, but I know that overheating a non-stick pan will release cancer-causing chemicals from the teflon coating so I use a slightly cooler oven, for a slightly longer time.) When I have another frying pan available, I will just flip the egg bake into the other pan and cook on the stovetop for another 3 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom