Whats YOUR Dog's Name?

Gosh I am sooo behind on this thread!!!!!

DOGS!!!!!!!!
There can be only one!!!!!!!!
Bailey Bear is 1 yr old today
This is his summer cut!
His show name is Bearamore Adrians way

The Shaggy look!

Baby pics! 12 weeks old

8 weeks old

When he grows up he will be like this!!!!!

Murphy 2005-2012

Oes - nothing beats an OESDOG!

I think I am in love
love.gif

I don't think I have posted here before...

Name--Suka. Named so because after a struggle with her (she was an adopted dog with a buttload of issues) I didn't want to keep her old name. She was like a new dog, so a new name was in order. So I chose Suka because though she doesn't look it her mother was a husky, and Suka is Inuit for FAST!

(Shelter records say she is part husky, part smooth fox terrier, and part smooth collie The dad and mom were from the same owners and the shelter confirmed this by getting to see the parents. Dad was a smooth terrierxcollie, mom was a husky.)

Gosh I love her! Even if she does still "test the waters" (which she doesn't get far, with my rules! XD) she is my all around best dog. She lays on the floor by my little brother when he wants to play "giant monster dog" with her and his toys; she coexists in harmony with our other dogs; and she is devoted to me.

Name-- Miska. Chosen because we just wanted a unique name. Miska was found as a stray, abandoned puppy. When we got her she was so emaciated and skinny around the middle that with one hand my dad could hold her entire waist. That's bad, for a 6 month old Mallinois puppy. She is what would be considered a "death row" dog. She is very food aggressive, toy aggressive, dominant, and protective. Because of this she is outdoors by day. We house her indoors at night. She is a working dog, requiring a lot of exercise. She tolerates Suka because she sees me as Alpha. (In my home, my parents don't believe in "dog dominance" and the proven methods of how to solve it.
roll.png
) So I am rather proud that I have those two great dogs' respect. After all, they choose to follow me. I have proven myself to them.

(She is a labxmalinois)

(And, yes, Miska is the same dog featured in my childish rants of my first years here on BYC. I have since learned how to properly control dogs--and my temper!
lol.png
)

Last edited:
Iona, a Newfoundland/ Border Collie (possibly English Shepherd) mix. She's about 1 1/2 years old and is a little intelligent. But she rocks :)

Grace is a Tennessee brindle cur, when she was a pup she had long lanky legs and kept getting them tangled up with each other and falling down or knocking stuff over in the house. She was so graceful we just shortened it to Grace.

Lucky is a blue Pit bull, when she was a pup somebody attached a chain around her neck and never thought to loosen it as she grew. The chain had to be removed via surgery and she was so ill adjusted and skittish that they were going to put her down the day we rescued her, we were her last hope. That's how she got to be Lucky.
smile.png

BUSTER: Our senior brown lab mix at 11 yrs. old. Born on my bedroom floor. Used to be we had his mother and sister but they're now gone. He's a "Good Boy", in every sense of the word. Here he is after being caught stealing a green tomato off the vine. He loves them!

MALLIE: She's about 6 years old now, a Coon Hound that we rescued. We got her after Buster's sister died as he was soooo lonely without her. Having a Coon Hound is a hoot - especially when the baying starts! Here she is with my granddaughter.

DAPHNE: Our "baby" born in May. She's a Chihuahua and Boston Terrier mix and is smart as a whip! She's the "biggest little dog" I've ever known. This is Daphne modeling her new winter coat, which she has since outgrown.

We've got dogs from 100+ to 9 lbs. in size and it makes for a very odd looking game of "chase me" throughout the house!

Back
Top Bottom