Wheaten or Blue Wheaten Ameraucana? Hen or Rooster? Please Help!

You have a pullet, with some unruly behavior :) Not at all uncommon for Ameraucanas. LOL.

With that color, a rooster isn't possible. The males have a lot more black.

Ameraucanas have pea combs, this isn't gender specific. Most cockerels have more pronounced combs (three ridges that really stick out) by that age.
okay thank you so much!
celebrate.gif

sorry, i meant can i please SEE someone's adult blue wheaten ameraucana hen.
I don't have ameraucanas, I have Faverolles, but I think the coloring works the same way.

With the hens, they will all have the wheaten coloring. The difference will be in the wing tips/tail tips/underfluff. Wheaten will have black in the wing/tail tips, and grey underfluff. Blue wheaten will have blue in the wing/tail tips and underfluff. Splash wheaten will have white wing/tail tips and underfluff.

I don't have ameraucanas, I have Faverolles, but I think the coloring works the same way.

With the hens, they will all have the wheaten coloring. The difference will be in the wing tips/tail tips/underfluff. Wheaten will have black in the wing/tail tips, and grey underfluff. Blue wheaten will have blue in the wing/tail tips and underfluff. Splash wheaten will have white wing/tail tips and underfluff.
thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom