Wheezing Poult

bigbird

Crowing
13 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Northern Kentucky
Good Morning! The last poult which I had to help out, is moving, and seems to be ok other than it sounds like it has a cold. (For lack of a better word). It shakes it head and wheezes. It was stuck in the egg for a pretty long time, but couldn’t be hatched because blood was present. By the time I was able (after hours) to pull it out, it was really weak. Today, if it wasn’t making the noises it’s making, it would look and act like all the other ones. IF it was a baby, I’d think it had an upper respiratory infection. I have access to antibiotics, but wouldn’t even begin to know how to dose something this small.
Also, what’s the best way to stop a bleeding umbilical area?
Thoughts, please!

Last edited:
Has no one experienced this? One has died. I have three left. They will die too if I can’t do something to help them. One is basically lying on its side, with labored breathing and eyes shut. The other two just want to lay down with eyes shut most of the time. They do not have labored breathing. They are not eating nor drinking. It’s like all they want to do is sleep. It doesn’t appear that their umbilical cord is bleeding.

Back
Top Bottom