when can i tell if my chick is a rooster or a hen..

Is my serama a rooster?! Can't tell!

These two siblings were originally named Lola and pearl. Pearl (white head) is starting to look very different from Lola. They are a RIR crossed with a BCMaran roo. My question is are they different sexes or do they just have different physical characteristics from the two different breeds ??? Any help would be much appreciated !!!

These two siblings were originally named Lola and pearl. Pearl (white head) is starting to look very different from Lola. They are a RIR crossed with a BCMaran roo. My question is are they different sexes or do they just have different physical characteristics from the two different breeds ??? Any help would be much appreciated !!!

There is no sexlinking with that particular cross, if that's what you are asking. You have to wait and see. Neither are obviously male, yet. Anytime you are crossing breeds, there is a possibility for a huge range in looks from chick to chick.
For example, most of these chicks have the same parents. No two were exactly the same.

There is no sexlinking with that particular cross, if that's what you are asking. You have to wait and see. Neither are obviously male, yet. Anytime you are crossing breeds, there is a possibility for a huge range in looks from chick to chick. For example, most of these chicks have the same parents. No two were exactly the same.
Thank you! That is exactly what I was trying to ask! I just couldn't remember the word for it !!! Sexlinking lol!!! those are some very diverse siblings and all so beautiful!!!! I hope my pearl is still a girl!!! I cannot wait to see what color their eggs turn out to be!!!

Another cockrel or pullet test! I have 3 light brahmans abt 12 weeks old. One has a bright red comb and wattle while the others dont. My husband said something and upon further inspection it appears that one has some curve at the too if its tail feathers. Do I have a cockrel in my Coop?

Back
Top Bottom