When can we start eating our ducks eggs?

OH OH I see you added a line inside the part that was quoting me.

You're welcome! BTW.. it's not such a silly question.. It's not like we just have this knowledge in our brain space! We had to learn it, either through experience, or by being informed by others!

Always be asking!

Me again! We've eaten the eggs, baked with the eggs and handed them out to friends to try! All going well so far until today! I've been taking their eggs every day as I don't want any ducklings but, today I've discovered a hidden nest in the corner with 4 eggs in!
1f648.png
If I take the eggs away will this upset them?

Me again! We've eaten the eggs, baked with the eggs and handed them out to friends to try! All going well so far until today! I've been taking their eggs every day as I don't want any ducklings but, today I've discovered a hidden nest in the corner with 4 eggs in!
1f648.png
If I take the eggs away will this upset them?

They could be collecting to start to brood, but if you don't want to let them, then take the eggs. They may complain for a minute, but they'll get over it :D

We have Campbell and Muscovy Ducks. Is it safe to put the eggs in the frig not cleaned until we sale them, and if the customer wants them washed I wash them before they pick up.

Some times after collecting them I don't put then into the frig for a couple of days, I was afraid to leave them out to long before frig the them but I have read you can leave them out for up to 3 weeks before refrig them

We have Campbell and Muscovy Ducks.  Is it safe to put the eggs in the frig not cleaned until we sale them, and if the customer wants them washed I wash them before they pick up.

Some times after collecting them I don't put then into the frig for a couple of days, I was afraid to leave them out to long before frig the them but I have read you can leave them out for up to 3 weeks before refrig them

Hi!
I was told that Duck poo can be quite toxic so I always wash them straight away when I collect them. We only have 2 females so it only takes me 2 min to do this and I don't put mine in the fridge, I keep them in boxes in a cool area.

Back
Top Bottom