When do Silkie hens go Broody?

Silkie88

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 29, 2012
Canada
Hello guys, i have a question-
So i have 3 silkie hens that have just started to lay. They are all 7 months old. What age can i typically suspect them to go broody?? (If that is possible
fl.gif
) Thanks for any advice.
Cheers

Silkies absolutely love going broody. So I think if you wait out the first small eggs and then start leaving eggs in their nest boxes for them one, or more of them will probably go broody soon. If I want my hens to sit I leave eggs for them and it usually works. (I don't have silkies)

Silkies absolutely love going broody. So I think if you wait out the first small eggs and then start leaving eggs in their nest boxes for them one, or more of them will probably go broody soon. If I want my hens to sit I leave eggs for them and it usually works. (I don't have silkies)
Thanks you for your reply sumi!!
yesss.gif
Currently i have golf balls in the nest boxes but will definatly switch to eggs!!
thumbsup.gif

oh my lord i have silkies and they go broody all the time i usually have to take them off if i dont want them too haha and one time i had all five hens go broody at once

oh my lord i have silkies and they go broody all the time i usually have to take them off if i dont want them too haha and one time i had all five hens go broody at once
Yaaay good to know
big_smile.png
i cant wait for some ity bity chickies!!
wee.gif
That must have been a site to see, id imgine they would all be fighing over who gets to sit on whose egg!!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom