when do they start ?

kmsek

Songster
8 Years
Feb 3, 2011
N Fla
peacock has full train (shakes displays struts ) no calling yet. pea hen (yawn!!!) She has not laid her first egg of season. its not cold here in n fla... the man who used to own them said they mated last year and she produced . Is it to early for them yet???
fl.gif

Guess it is too early as there are several members here from your state and none have mentioned any of there hens laying yet.
Mine yearlings layed in june but i do not know when they will lay this year it is a wait and see thing with the peas.
Strutting does not always mean it is time to breed my birds strut all year long hens and babies included.

Last edited:
I live in NE Alabama and mine started to lay last week I have some in incubator to check fertilization. Is there an easier way to check? I have 3 cocks and 6 hens and 2yearling hens and they all are faning.

Oh well I am picking up a pied HEN tomorrow 2. Yrs old maybe get some eggs from her ;)

Guess it is too early as there are several members here from your state and none have mentioned any of there hens laying yet.
Mine yearlings layed in june but i do not know when they will lay this year it is a wait and see thing with the peas.
Strutting does not always mean it is time to breed my birds strut all year long hens and babies included.

Great pictures, as usual!

One of mine have been laying for 3 weeks. 3 weeks ago mine had 6 eggs, unfortunately I was gone and I noticed them when I came back there was 6, all frozen and cracked. My brother was suppose to be watching them. We still have snow on the ground and they have a choice of being inside or out. I didnt know when she was laying time wiseand I found some more frozen. As expensive as hay was I put down so much covering the inside of the pen. Now on feb 28 I placed an egg in the bator so I didnt loose any. Yesterday I got another one around the same time. Good luck to all!

I heard my alpha male make the mating noise, at least that's what I think it is. It's the same noise the P-Dawg makes right before he tries to "ride" my slipper or the dog.

Back
Top Bottom