When do Wyandottes generally start laying?

Pics
Today being their birthday, these 4 ladies have been promoted from pullets to full fledged laying hens. & it's a fine fine job that they are doing, 23 eggs last week. That's a record for them!Keep up the good work Ladies!
smile.png

Mine started at about 30 weeks. At least they stop laying at a later age as well. I have 10 chooks, only 3 of them wyandottes and I can say they probably lay every other day as I get up to 9 a day, usually 7 or 8.

Thanks! So, I guess it's not unusual for them to take longer to start laying. I only have 1 Wyandotte, but she is huge ... the biggest one in the flock. Her comb and wattles have been bright red for over a month. I haven't seen her squat, but I haven't seen any of my other 6 (Cream Legbar, light brown Leghorn, Ameracauna and Dominique) squat either and 5 are laying ... one is still too young.

My two SL Wyandottes are approaching 24 weeks old and nothing so far . Our white Leghorn and Red Sex Link both started laying almost two weeks ago. The RSL (Ginger) is about two weeks older than the others. we would really like 4 eggs a day
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom