When do Wyandottes generally start laying?

Woot woot! My Lacey finally laid an egg! I'm not sure they're supposed to be so pale though? :wee:bow:ya

Attachments

• IMG_8482.JPG
    IMG_8482.JPG
    498.2 KB · Views: 21
My Oldest silverlaced wyandottes are 18 wks old and some of their comb is red hopefully soon they'll be laying.. I also have some that are 16 weeks old and are still pretty small. Once in a while I come out to the coop and find that one of my chickens have their tail feathers missing because they start flying and crash into the fence so hilarious to watch!! :)

Attachments

• DSCN1721.JPG
    DSCN1721.JPG
    439.9 KB · Views: 16
I think that's just normal when they start laying nothing to worry about. just remember to give them some calcium. :clap

Hi My Peeps! She's laying quite regularly now and her eggs are getting bigger and darker (about the same color as my RIR and Black SL.) She's one of my favorite girls. And yes, I keep a small feeder loaded with a mix of oyster shells and grit for my girls. Now that the summer heat is waning all my girls are producing better. We only saw 40-50% production all summer (temps have been over 95 deg all summer!) but we're now getting 6-7 eggs every day and yesterday we got 9 out of 10! That was a first! :)

mine are 14 weeks and I think that one of mine squatted. it kinda stooped down and kinda spread her wings out a little bit- just holding them away from her body. Is that squatting or was she just trying to stop me picking her up. It sounds quite early, which is why it may be her just not wanting me to pick her up..... but im not sure as this is my first time with chickens, so i don't know what squatting looks like. little help?

mine are 14 weeks and I think that one of mine squatted. it kinda stooped down and kinda spread her wings out a little bit- just holding them away from her body. Is that squatting or was she just trying to stop me picking her up. It sounds quite early, which is why it may be her just not wanting me to pick her up..... but im not sure as this is my first time with chickens, so i don't know what squatting looks like. little help?
Sounds like she is squatting in conjunction with the desire to breed with a rooster. When pullets go into adulthood, they start to present for breeding and they can present when a person approaches them or when a rooster approaches them. Not there myself, but this is my thought.

Hello All,
I have chicks born in October last year that have still not payed an egg!! They would be 7 months old. Wyandotte Silver Laced Bantam.

It’s Winter here, so shorter days, but weather is still mild (15 degrees Celsius).

Thoughts??? My husband is asking if they are weird non egg laying chicks.

Back
Top Bottom