When do Wyandottes generally start laying?

Yes ma'am. they have a nice coop with two nesting boxes in back (My dog Penny likes to jump up on it and watch the chickens- she has been banned from the hen house. The door to the run is left open and they free range every day. I keep the feed and water in the run.

Wow don't know if I want to keep a bird that doesn't give me anymore eggs than that. Hope she starts laying soon. I did see her in the nest today. No egg but sitting there so that's encouraging.

I'm trying to convince myself that the news on this thread is encouraging -- but it's difficult when some of the chickens are so far ahead of mine! I have a GLW, an SLW, and an SS, all 24 weeks old. None are laying, and it's SO frustrating. My daughter says they're holding them in because I'm stressing them out. :)
I'm going to try to be patient. Hopefully I'll beat the 30 week mark! Something to look forward to!

My Dottes are laying regularly at one year old....nearly an egg a day. And nice large (2 oz) eggs now that they are out of their first little molt. So the size of the eggs increased. Patience is my doppleganger. I have to work at it. But they are so sweet...I almost wouldn't care if they didn't lay anything. They are diligent birds for sure! I found two of them crammed in one nesting box the other day....cute as could be.

Keep hope alive. Mine didn't start laying until about 32 weeks. Now I get plenty of nice big eggs. My only problem is choosing which friend to bless with the latest dozen- and trust me- there are plenty of dozens.

Back
Top Bottom