When is Bumblefoot 'cured'?

Straight Run

Hatching
Oct 11, 2023
Black core removed about 6 weeks ago. Doing the soak, Prid, Neosporin, wrap. The bottom of the foot still somewhat swollen, slightly pink, & I think small darkish swelling between two toes. No core.On foot bottom, there is a yellowish brown scab that doesn't have edges that I can pull. I see some people stop wrapping when there are no holes in the foot. I push on swellings and wonder if I need to lance it with a needle in case pus is inside. I've seen some posts where once skin healed the daily wrap is stopped and left to open air ... ?

Lancing with a needle won't help since chicken pus is thick

How's the bird walk?
She still has foot wrapped, but seems to be walking ok even with that. You're right about the pus. I'd forgotten about it being thick. The swelling seems to be going down. Slowly. Her bandages are replaced every morning ... I just don't know if Prid is 'drawing' anything out or whether it'd make sense to let the foot alone & keep an eye on her.

She still has foot wrapped, but seems to be walking ok even with that. You're right about the pus. I'd forgotten about it being thick. The swelling seems to be going down. Slowly. Her bandages are replaced every morning ... I just don't know if Prid is 'drawing' anything out or whether it'd make sense to let the foot alone & keep an eye on her.
I don’t know if it helps but this was the stage I left it alone.

5F31FBC6-B11A-4509-8B85-03D158AA58D9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom