When should I intervene with a hatch? I'm afraid the membrane may be too dry.

Id get it out if it has been 12 hours,I got one out this morning,he had cracked the egg all the way around,but the membrane only had one small hole in it.He was exhausted He wouldn't have made it.It may just be me,but I left 2 a while back,half these two had to be helped outmost of these wer helped out3 or 4out of 7 get out without dying.I have

out and they were both dead next morning.My daughter says her eggs have extra thick membranes.I had to cut with swissores.I have been in hospital a lot and humidny wasn't right when I got home

Yes it's active and chirping, but hasn't moved since this morning and I'm wondering if it's too big to move around. Should I try to help and not wait until morning?

These are very hard choices, There is good info on this site about helping Chicks, just keep in mind this is the time he/she absorbs the yolk. I helped a chick after 28 hours and she was fine. Maybe place a warm paper towel in there for humidity.

The time from pip to zip is when the chick absorbs its yolk and dries up the blood vessels. Helping too early is a common mistake.

If it was me, I'd add a damp sponge near the eggs and wait until morning. Do you have other pips?

I do have a wet paper towel in there. I will wait. I don't see any on the other two eggs in there, but I did turn them this morning before I realized this one was hatching so they could be on the bottom, but no signs as of yet.

Back
Top Bottom