When should I intervene with a hatch? I'm afraid the membrane may be too dry.

Okay so I added the sponge. I can just see the tip of the other guys beak from his pipping. He just started before we went to bed. This is all I did with the first one when I helped it a little while ago, he's been back in the bator now for awhile.

Remember, as long as he has a good air hole in the membrane, chicks can live 2-3 days without food or water. So as long as you can see that there is movement/breathing, and it hasn't been that long, he is ok. And I notice while I was watching my chickies hatch that when the chick bumps up against the membrane they moisten it from the inside. So make sure your humidity is us and don't be too quick to mess with them. :)

SUCCESS! All is good, I did help as even under the shell the membrane was leathery. But shortly after I put him back in the bator he manged his way out! Thanks for all you help on this little guy! He's chirping and moving wildly around the bator bumping into his siblings still in their eggs.

If its still alive warm water and qtip, but is it ready to come out if not it could bleed out

And make sure to carefully wet the membrane so the ducky doesn't drown, maybe wrap an egg in warm wet paper towel for a min to moisten it, but im not no expert

Back
Top Bottom